Monday, August 1, 2011

Maven and db4o

db4o (database for objects) is an embeddable open source object database for Java and .NET developers. It is developed, commercially licensed and supported by Versant.

I use db4o on a lot of personal projects. I even have started using db4o on a few of my Android projects. But I keep looking up that Maven snippet for adding db4o. So that snippet goes something like this:

<project>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>source.db4o</id>
      <url>http://source.db4o.com/maven/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
  ...
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupid>com.db4o</groupid>
      <artifactid>db4o-core-java5</artifactid>
      <version>8.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    ...
  </dependencies>
</project>

By adding this snippet to my Maven POM file. I should be adding the latest db4o jars to my project. db4o is currently right now on its 8th version.

Thanks to Pascal Thivent for this. Hey, you gotta give credit where credit is due. Edit(5/1/2012): changed repository url and artifactId

2 comments:

  1. The repository at http://source.db4o.com/maven seems to be permanently offline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...indeed, the repo is not reliable. ALSO, "LATEST" ist not supported anymore by Maven 3.x

    ReplyDelete