Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Android and the case of making app assets

ActionBarSherlock
Let's face it's fun to visualize and design Android apps at first then it goes down hill from there. I mean creating all them icons, gradient backgrounds and other assets is boring and sometimes down right tedious. And you have to it 3 times! So why not use a generator?

I have been using this website for a couple of projects: Android Assets Studio.

I'm a big fan of Roboguice (my blog entry) and the ActionBarSherlock which the Android Assets Studio complements. Using the studio allows me to generate the nine patch assets plus associated XML drawables and styles which I then copy straight into my project.

It's also nice that Studio has a bunch of icon generators. I especially find the generic icons pretty hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment