But that still brings us back to the issue at hand, how do I root my Magnum, Ideos X6, etc. again? OK, I can answer that but remember,
I. Will. Laugh. At. You(twice as hard). If. You. Blame. Me. If. You. Brick. Your. Phone.
So, as far as I know, these don't work:
- Rageagainstthecage - my old procedure
- Gingerbreak - no break from what I can see
- SuperOneClick - well after a few hundred clicks, fail
But if you are too lazy to open a new tab (sheesh...) then here is the procedure:
|AWRRR! Walk the Plank, Android!|
1. Download ClockWorkMod Recovery
2. Put the device in download mode (Power+Vol Up) and connect to PC,
and the PC will recognize the device as Removable Disc/Storage open it and you will find FIH > Image folder and select recovery.img, copy it anywhere to your PC as backup just in case if anything go wrong
3. Replace recovery.img in 'image' folder with recovery.img inside the Clockworkmod Recovery v220.127.116.11 you download and extracted earlier
4. Disconnect device from PC, open up the battery and reboot.
Second step (DO FIRST STEP FIRST): Rooting the phone
1. Download Su 18.104.22.168 signed.zip and put it in sdcard (but don't put it in any folder)
2. Put the device in recovery mode (Power+Vol Up & Vol Down)
3. Select "install zip from sdcard" and select "Choose zip from sdcard" and search for 'Su 22.214.171.124 signed.zip' and click install.
4. Select "back" and click "reboot system now"
Now to install busybox and do something really stupid/cool like put a perl/ruby/whatever interpreter in my phone. Why install a perl/ruby/whatever interpreter in my phone, you ask? Because I can.
What is your excuse?