- I will be using Netbeans for this - you could use Eclipse if you want.
- We will be using MySQL
- We are going to make a web application using Vaadin
- Netbeans - I will be using the latest one which is version 7 Beta
- Netbeans Vaadin plugin
- MySQL - I will be using the one that comes in XAMPP
|Figure 1.0 Installing the Netbeans Vaadin plugin|
Have it? Installed it? Good.
What we are going to build/make/develop is a facility-reservation system. So what exactly will our "FRS" application be doing? Here are our requirements:
- All reservations must be submitted and processed online
- Must have AAA type security
- Granular user permission system
- Resolve scheduling conflicts
- Track histories like facility usage, request status, room schedules, etc.
- Have a basic set of reports (exportable to PDF)
|Figure 1.1 FRS Flow Chart|
We will talk about the database design later in this series.