Saturday, September 8, 2012

Staring at boobs gave me an idea for Underscored Knockout

I have been using knockout.js ever since I discovered it. Since that time also, my JavaScript chops have been getting good to the point I discovered (and using) underscore.js. Let's face it, array and/or collections handling in plain JavaScript isn't pretty.

Then a couple of days ago, I was staring that this random lady's cleavage on the ride to work - had my sunglasses so she was none the wiser - that I suddenly had a great idea - Knockout's arrays with Underscore's array functionality. And I was like, "FUCK! Why did I think of this sooner?!" Needless to say, I forgot about the boobies.

When I got to work, I fired up my browser and searched the web if someone got the same idea thankfully, Kamran Ayub thought about it while driving home from work - UnderscoreKO. It's was exactly what I was thinking! If I had discovered underscore sooner, I bet I would have wrote this beauty of a library.  Now I can stop writing half-ass functions/closures of my design to merge arrays or search it for certain values and get to writing short, concise, functional Knockout code.

Thank you Kamran!


No comments:

Post a Comment